The University of Georgia College of Engineering Advisory Board provides support and counsel on matters that improve the quality and relevance of UGA engineering programs.
The Advisory Board assists the dean, faculty and students by:
- reviewing the current status of engineering programs and identifying future opportunities that make UGA more effective in fulfilling its mission as a public land-grant university;
- providing inputs to strengthening existing academic programs and developing new ones to meet the needs of society;
- advising on opportunities that lead to innovative research directions and partnerships most appropriate for UGA;
- identifying outreach needs in which engineering has a significant role and fostering connections with entrepreneurial entities; and
- supporting the College of Engineering’s need to continuously expand its financial base.