College of Engineering Convocation
Live Stream Begins Friday, May 14, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Other viewing options:
Spring 2021 Convocation
The University of Georgia College of Engineering will hold an in-person Spring 2021 Convocation ceremony Friday, May 14 at 6 p.m. The Engineering Convocation will be held outdoors at UGA's Jack Turner Soccer Complex located on South Milledge Avenue. We are excited to offer the opportunity to celebrate our graduates in-person and to do so we had to take an innovative approach to our graduation celebration. Given the size of the venue and the need to comply with the health and safety measures currently in place, the event will be limited to graduates only. The event will be livestreamed so friends, families, and supporters can watch the Convocation.
Date and time
Friday, May 14 at 6 p.m.
Jack Turner Soccer Complex, 2330 S. Milledge Ave.
In-person, limited to graduates
Clear Bag Policy
The CLEAR BAG policy is in effect for Convocation. All graduates participating in the ceremony must follow the guidelines outlined here.
Statement from Dean Leo
May 6, 2021
The College of Engineering Convocation is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. on Friday, May 14. As you know, the decision to hold an in-person ceremony was made several weeks ago based on the health and safety guidelines of the State and the university. We decided to limit attendance to graduates only and to livestream the event so parents, family members, and supporters of our graduates could view the ceremony remotely.
We have reviewed the recent Executive Order from Governor Kemp and are aware the university has modified its Commencement plans. While the university will allow students to sit on the field at Sanford Stadium and allow an unlimited number of guests in the stands, our ceremony will be held in a much smaller venue. For our Convocation at the Turner Soccer Complex, we are limited to using only the bleachers for any attendees. Only a small stage party will be allowed on the field.
Based on the number of seats available, the inability to use the field for seating, and the continued need for social distancing, we have made the difficult decision to continue limiting attendance to graduates only. We understand this decision is a disappointment to the parents and many family members and supporters of our graduates. We encourage you to take the opportunity to view the livestream of the event and to participate in the university Commencement for our college on Saturday, May 15.
Dean and UGA Foundation Professor in Engineering
University of Georgia Commencement
The University of Georgia has announced Commencement ceremonies for its spring 2021 graduates, inviting them to join together and celebrate their accomplishments inside Sanford Stadium–provided these gatherings are declared safe by state and local health officials.
- The spring 2021 undergraduate Commencement ceremony will be split over three days, Thursday, May 13 through Saturday, May 15, at 7:30 p.m. in Sanford Stadium.
- The spring 2021 graduate Commencement ceremony for master’s, specialists and doctoral degree candidates has been scheduled for Friday, May 14, 2021, at 10 a.m. in Sanford Stadium.
In order to comply with social distancing guidelines, the undergraduate Commencement ceremonies will be:
- Thursday, May 13: Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, Terry College of Business
- Friday, May 14: College of Environment and Design, College of Pharmacy, Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, School of Social Work
- Saturday, May 15: College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, College of Engineering, College of Family and Consumer Sciences, College of Public Health, Early College of Education, Odum School of Ecology, School of Public and International Affairs, Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources
More details on the spring Commencement undergraduate and graduate ceremonies are available at commencement.uga.edu.
Always a Dawg
Welcome to the UGA Alumni family, graduates. We’re here for you—year-round, worldwide, lifelong.