The UGA College of Engineering Advisory Board provides support and counsel on matters that improve the quality and relevance of UGA engineering programs. The board assists the dean, faculty and students by:
- reviewing the current status of engineering programs and identifying future opportunities that make UGA more effective in fulfilling its mission as a public land-grant university;
- providing inputs to strengthening existing academic programs and developing new ones to meet the needs of society;
- advising on opportunities that lead to innovative research directions and partnerships most appropriate for UGA;
- identifying outreach needs in which engineering has a significant role and fostering connections with entrepreneurial entities; and
- supporting the College of Engineering’s need to continuously expand its financial base.
Engineering Advisory Board Members
J. Barnie Beasley, Jr., P.E.
Director, American Electric Power
Research and Development Project Engineering Manager, Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
Mickey Brown, P.E.
Executive VP, Georgia Power
Fermentation Improvement Engineer, Dow AgroSciences
Leonard J. Buckley
Director - Science & Technology Division, Institute for Defense Analyses
R. Edward Perkins, Chair
International VP, Johnson & Johnson (retired)
Karen Burg, Ph.D.
Harbor Lights Chair in Biomedical Research and Professor, UGA
Technical Director, Corporate Research & Engineering, Kimberly-Clark
Assoc. VP for Government Relations & Dir. of State Relations, UGA
President, Customer Service Division Siemens USA
Region Vice President, Coastal Region, Georgia Power
Acting Director, Engineering Sciences Center, Sandia National Laboratories
Specialist Leader, Strategy & Operations, Cloud Enterprise Strategy, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Julie Secrist, PE
Senior Project Manager, Southeastern Engineering, Inc. (SEI)
Thomas M. Fischer
Director, Engineering and Technical Management, USAF, Robins Air Force Base
Janet Westpheling, Ph.D.
Professor of Genetics, UGA
Chief Technology Officer, Power Generation Services, GE Power & Water
Deborah Yaver, Ph.D.
Managing Director, Novozymes, Inc.
Plant Manager, Building Construction Projects, Caterpillar