Spring 2019 Convocation
Held in conjunction with the University of Georgia's Commencement, the UGA College of Engineering's Convocation is a special ceremony honoring students individually for their hard work and dedication in earning an engineering degree.
Thursday, May 9, 2019
Classic Center Theatre
300 N. Thomas Street
Athens, Georgia 30601
- The ceremony begins promptly at 6:00 p.m.
- Candidates should arrive by 4:45 p.m. for photographs and line up in the Athena A&B Ballrooms.
- The theatre doors for guests will open at 5:00 p.m.
- The ceremony will last approximately one hour.
- Students should wear business attire underneath their regalia.
- Academic regalia is required for all degree candidates and consists of a black robe, mortar board, and orange tassel.
- The College will award a red stole to all candidates during the ceremony.
No tickets are required. An email invitation will be sent to all degree applicants the week of March 25, 2019 to confirm participation and indicate the number of anticipated guests.
During the ceremony, each degree candidate will cross the stage and be congratulated. A professional graduation photography service will be present. Those photographs will be made available from the vendor for purchase. In addition, the College contracts with a separate photographer to provide more candid shots that will be made available to students and their families at no cost within a week of the ceremony
Convocation ceremony guests have the option of parking on-campus for free or in the Classic Center Parking Deck for a fee. Please see commencement.uga.edu for more information on on-campus parking options.
Degree candidates: If you need accommodations, please contact Julie Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-542-3354 at least five business days prior to the event.
Please contact Julie Cook at email@example.com or 706-542-3354.