The Application Process
The College of Engineering accepts applications from graduates having a bachelors and/or master's degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, biological sciences, mathematics, food science and ecological sciences from recognized U.S. and foreign institutions. Qualified applicants with a degree in non-engineering areas may be admitted under the condition that they will satisfactorily complete prescribed undergraduate engineering science courses as a part of their program of study.
Generally, applicants with BS degrees will be admitted into a MS program; however, exceptional applicants may be admitted directly into a Ph.D. program.
► Fall (or Summer): December 15
► Spring: September 15
*these deadlines differ from the UGA Graduate School deadlines
College of Engineering Application Requirements
- Graduate School application
- Statement of purpose,
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE Scores
- TOEFL/IELTS (required of applicants whose primary language is not English)
How to Apply
- Complete the online application and provide the supporting materials required by the College of Engineering.
- Have your official GRE scores sent to UGA Graduate Admissions. The ETS school code for UGA is 5813. We do not require a department code.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores that are not more than two years old. Competitive applicants should have a TOEFL score (internet based) minimum of 80 with speaking and writing scores minimum of 20. Competitive applicants taking the IELTS exam should have a spoken score of 6.5 or higher with no single band score below 6.0.
- If seeking a Teaching Assistantship, please complete the online Application for Teaching Assistantship.